Friday 11 May 2007

Here comes the sun

Everybody's happy nowadays

So today some odd people came and took a look at our apartment. It was pretty weird, they didn't seem deserving enough to live here, but at the same time it sucked to have my personal space invaded like that so I hope they take it. That way we will not have to do it again, and also I might have to pay only half of the rent for June, after all we'll be staying here for about 10 days or so..

Watching the Eurovision Song Contest obviously sucked ass, since we didn't qualify and, well, our song was incredibly, incredibly lame. I'm also sad that DJ Bobo and his mannequin vampires didn't move on, nor those.. incredibly lame Blink 182 rip-off kids from Andorra. Having someone sing in Catalan should have qualified them alone, besides they made me laugh. Luckily the Turkish dude came through and got a spot, we called him "The little man with the bow-tie". It's a given that we'll be watching the proper show on Saturday, but I foresee a lot of very bitter booing. I don't know what it is, I've only liked about a handful of the Norwegian entires (and I've been watching since I was a little girl), but there's nothing like the national pride that makes me shout and scream when we're nearing the end of the voting. Hannes knows how this works, he was with me when Norway won the World Idol contest, HAHA THAT WAS FUNNY! I'm also quite sure Renate knows what I am talking about, as I've spent quite a few of the Eurovision finals with her.

I finished even more mail yesterday, while watching some lame movie online. I have 7 letters/packages that I need to send off, and it's gonna cost me. As I know I have a job when I get back I might ask my mother for a small loan; I'd like not to have to spend my last few weeks here eating noodles and not doing things. I am not sure how that will fly, but let us all hope for a positive outcome.

Oh, and btw, Lano Mix/Mix for May 2007 has been completed. I usually make a mix each month, but this month has been a bit different because I had to finish it before the end of the month, hence the alternative name. I've never published it though, but now I will, and here you go: (Please don't rip on me for the poor choices, this is a somewhat a completely random collection of songs I've been listening to lately..)

1. The Cops - Cop Pop
2. Y.A.C.H.T. - See a penny (Pick it up)
3. Sondre Lerche - Phantom Punch
4. The Beatles - Her Majesty
5. Page France - Me, Violin and Dancing bear
6. José González - Hand on your heart
7. Rufus Wainwright - Going to a town
8. Elliott Smith - All cleaned out
9. Albert Hammond, Jr. - Bright young thing
10. Nina Simone - Here comes the sun
11. Novi Split - California skies
12. The Bluetones - Nae Hair On't
13. Sarah Blasko - Planet new year
14. Belles Will Ring - It's only goodbye
15. Charles Wright - Express yourself
16. Tobias Froberg - What Goes around (Yes, this is a Justin Timberlake cover)
17. Hot Chip - My Piano
18. Travis - Battleships
19. Butterfly Boucher - A beautiful book
20. Mystery Jets - You can't fool me Dennis

I might try to find a way to upload it, but I kind of doubt anyone wants to download it, since 2 people read this blog and neither of them share my musical taste enough to really appreciate it anyway. Yep. And with that I shall sign off.. and not sleep, because that will never happen.

No comments: