Tuesday 29 May 2007

If I needed just one reason to save the world; it would be you.

She had tried to earth him, instead she had split him.

"What will you do now?"
"I have not the least idea."
"I love you," he said.
The three most difficult words in the world
She touched him as she went past him and slowly down the stairs He listened until he heard the door close a long way off - at the bottom of his life, it seemed.
Then he started to cry.

...

Miss Pinch came visiting, and asked me what I intended to do with my future. She spoke about it as though it were an incurable disease.
"You have a future," she said. "We must take it into account."
She suggested I try for a Junior Trainee Assistant Librarian Temporary Grade on a three-month work placement. She warned me that I shouldn't be too ambitious - not suitable for Females, but that librarian-ship was suitable for Females. Miss Pinch always said Females, holding the word away from her by its tail.
My future had been the lighthouse. Without the lighthouse, I would have to begin again - again.

-Jeanette Winterson, Lighthousekeeping

7 works of fiction, one 200 page textbook about studying novels and a term list with 55 terms from a 350 page glossary of literary terms. How can I possibly make this?

Because I am nothing short of extraordinary, that is how.

Don't regret your life, child. It will pass soon enough.

No comments: