Tuesday 29 May 2007

Metafiction can go SUCK it

Please don't talk to me I fall in love so easily

The weather is really nice, the sun is shining, the temperature is warm but not too warm, there is a little bit of wind and it's a perfect day for a stroll in the park or a BBQ.

But I'm stuck inside studying!

I brought it on my self. Yesterday was Vivian's birthday and we decided to spend it in denial, doing everything but revising for our exams. After she went to bed on Sunday night I baked a cake, decorated the kitchen with balloons and set the table with her presents and birthday cups and plates. We had breakfast at 11.30 the next morning, and proceeded with watching some episodes of Extras (David Bowie for the fucking WIN) and other random crap. Vivian's dad was in town, and after making dinner plans with him we watched Billy Elliott while eating crisps and laying in my bed. Good times. We went to the Chinese restaurant we always order from, but both of us were full from the crisps and soda, so we couldn't eat that much. We finished off the evening by watching Pirate's of the Caribbean 3, which was better than I expected. I liked it a lot more than I liked the second movie (merely a shadow of the first), and the multiple Jack Sparrows running around didn't hurt either. Instead of being responsible adults and going to bed when we came back we spent a few hours between the covers and pillows in my bed, watching crappy TV shows and eating Vivian's favorite 7/11 snack: Pink doughnuts.


English Tea

I am moving out of here for good in less than 2 weeks and it's making me more and more sad. I am not just going to miss Vivian like crazy, but this freedom and all the opportunities that comes from living in a larger city than Bodø. It is not that bad back home, but it is worse than this place, and now that I am moving I feel like I have thrown away all my chances and that I have pretty much blown this whole year. Ah, I think the best idea is to just not think about it right now and go back to my termlist, textbook and 7 works of fiction I need to get through before 9 am tomorrow morning.

When you're on your own
When you're at a fork in the road
You don't know which way to go
There's too many signs and arrows
You haven't laughed in a while
When you can't even fake a smile
When you feel ashamed
The uniform don't make you brave

All I can do is love you to pieces
Give you a shoulder to cry when you need it
When the day is long and the night is coming down on you
All I can do

No comments: